Support, promote and expand school orchestra programs throughout the State of Florida.
Provide support and training for members in teaching, leadership, and advocacy.
Empower members through mentoring and continuing education.
Please note the following important information for All-State audition adjudicators for Saturday, November 1, 2014.
- Adjudication registration (and coffee) begin at 7:30 am outside the Lake Nona Room
- Breakfast begins at 8:00 am with orientation meeting to imediately follow
- At 8:05 am any adjudicators not present will be replaced by an alternate
- All adjudicators need to bring a laptop computer fully charged and a power cord, also bring a pen or pencil to fill out your expense voucher
- Alternates not used will be excused after our breakfast meeting
- Adjudicators that are driving must bring a print out of mileage for reimbursement (Google map)
- Lunch will be provided
- Reimbursement checks will be handed out after adjudication of their room is complete
- Alternates will receive mileage even if not used that day
- FOA will pay 50% of Friday room rate for single room or 100% of Friday room rate if two judges are in one room
- FOA can not reimburse sales tax or resort charges
- Self park tickets will be distributed at the morning meeting, FOA will only pay 50% of self parking fee
Please note the following from Kathy Sanz, FMEA Executive Director.
"October 4, 2014 is Yom Kippur. We want to be sensitive to this observance. Therefore we have contacted the hotels and changed the reservation opening to September 27, 2014. We will be notifying the membership about the change. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused and apologize for the error."
The updated 2014- 2015 Concert MPA Music lists approved at the August Executive Board meeting are now posted. Please discard copies of previous lists as they are no longer valid.
The requirements to become an FOA Approved Adjudicator have changed. Please see the Adjudicator page for additional information.
The schedule for the 2014 FOA/FL-ASTA Fall Conference is now available. Registration form and hotel reservation information will be posted later.