FOA is a component association of the Florida Music Education Association (FMEA), an affiliate of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME). You may join or renew your FOA membership in addition to FMEA and NAfME through the FMEA website. The membership year goes from July 1 until June 30 of the following year. Members who join or renew after April 1 will be current through June 30 of the following year.
Types of Membership
See the FOA Bylaws for more details about our membership types and voting privileges.
- Active: for individuals employed as public or private music teachers in the State of Florida, or who are engaged in the teaching or musical direction of orchestral instruments at any level.
- Associate: open to persons or institutions interested in the furtherance of the purposes of this association.
- Collegiate: for individuals currently enrolled in a 2- or 4- year college or university and not teaching.
- Honorary: a life membership recommended by the Executive Board and conferred by a majority vote at a General Business meeting.
- Life Member: automatically conferred upon those who have been Active FOA members for twenty-five (25) consecutive years. Life members are eligible to vote, but not hold a State elected office.
- Retired: individuals who have retired from teaching instrumental music in Florida or another state
Join or Renew FOA Today!